Berke Farah Announces Expansion into Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law:
Berke Farah LLP announced today that the firm is expanding its services to include intellectual property and entertainment law with the addition of veteran practitioner Matthew Swanlund, as an affiliate. The relationship with Swanlund will aid existing clients with intellectual property needs, and showcase the firm’s ability to effectively service clients in the entertainment industry.
Swanlund provides legal guidance in all stages of intellectual property creation and development from early stage project development through completion and distribution. Along with copyright and trademark work, he ensures that clients' creations are fully protected to ensure that maximum value is realized, with focus on the following industries:
- Motion Picture/Television - Clients include writers, actors, directors, producers and production companies in all areas of motion picture and television acquisition, development, production and protection.
- Visual and Literary Arts - Clients include painters, photographers, sculptors, dancers and writers in such matters as gallery agreements, commissioning agreements and copyright registration and licensing.
- Publishing - Clients include best-selling authors and internationally acclaimed artists in traditional print publishing and electronic publishing.
- Advertising - Clients include individual talent and companies involved in sports, performance and commercial advertising and celebrity endorsement deals, including copyright and trademark protection and licensing.
- Design- Clients include product designers, software designers and architects in all areas of copyright protection and licensing.
- Music - We represent individual musicians, bands and record labels in all areas of music production and copyright protection and licensing.
Swanlund began his legal career in 2000 at the Los Angeles law firm of Freeman, Freeman & Smiley LLP. In 2001 Matthew joined the Los Angeles law firm of Van Etten Suzumoto & Becket LLP, which merged with McGuireWoods LLP in 2006. Swanlund has affiliated with Berke Farah LLP as a Senior Consultant while maintaining his Los Angeles legal practice at Aesthetic Legal.
Swanlund earned his B.A. from UCLA and graduated with a degree in English cum laude, and earned his J.D. from Loyola Law School, and is currently a member of the California State Bar.
In the past, Berke Farah LLP lawyers have provided counsel and helped produce events featuring Robert Duvall, Maya Angelou, Jeff Bridges, Trace Adkins, Kid Rock, Journey, Lynyrd Skynyrd, LA super group Royal Machines, The Who's Roger Daltrey, ZZ Top's Billy F Gibbons and the Alarm's Mike Peters.